PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V Australia-Tell me it aint true! (Merged Thread)
Old 16th Feb 2008, 14:15
FO Cokebottle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys,

Received an email from V-Australia updating the recruitment situation - all very up market HR hype - than asking me to indicate my continued interest in the SFO position.

Here is an excerpt from my reply.......names changed to protect the guilty

Dear Maddie,

As discussed, when your office called me to verify and canvass my situation and circumstances, my current employment offers far greater employee benefits and better tax circumstances than could ever be contemplated by V-Australia and in Australia in general.

In addition, V-Australia's gracious offer of requiring me to fund my own type rating training, considering the experience you require, shows that V-Australia's management has a distorted view of the professional pilot fraternity and, with regard to my experience and type ratings held, absolutely no respect for that fraternity.

In consideration of the above, I could not and will not work under these perceived attitudes, expectations and conditions.

Yours thankfully

You can call me arrogant but as an expat that returns regulary to Oz, the repatriation requirement to work for V-Australia and all the associated costs.....well, lets just say I am exercising my right of choice.