PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC VOLUNTARY OVERTIME BAN: Dublin Flights Delayed 25th January
Old 16th Feb 2008, 11:53
norby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil Cushy Number

Someone here mentioned Milo in an earlier post.
If memory serves me correctly he took legal action against the IAA before he retired. It was settled out of court.
I can't be 100% sure but i think 4 people (including 1 before the courts at the moment) have taken legal action agianst the IAA on grounds of discrimination, not to mention the legal action resulting from the scp 6 debacle!!!
Can anyone out there think of a more sued semi state in the country?
Management must be very confused by all this because if we've got such a cushy number "overpaid, underworked, lazy, paid to sit there looking out the window" why are we bringing the wrath of the press and the flying public down on our heads?
As the IAA is a "World leader in the field to work for and do business with" (remember that) why are so many people From the Head of ATS to a DA complaining through the Courts that theyve been treated badly?

The Shannon lads may be better briefed on this one, Is there a Consortium of American Air Lines suing the IAA over EXCESSIVE PROFITS? Heard something about it on the news but can't be sure.

The IAA really must feel invincble if they are taking **** from so many directions and do nothing to sort things out

Last edited by norby; 16th Feb 2008 at 14:41.