PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAIB recommend flight deck image recording - the future?
Old 16th Feb 2008, 10:24
Intruder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If a bus driver can be prosecuted for a criminal act of negligence whilst driving his bus, in a manner that could endanger life - then why not for pilots.
I don't know of any place where a pilot cannot be "prosecuted for a criminal act of negligence." OTOH, there are very few times where a pilot's [in]action actually meets the legal standard for "criminal negligence," regardless of what some money-hungry lawyer or newshound may think.

Also, it is clear from past acts that the "protections" on the current voice recordings/transcripts are totally insufficient, so I cannot support use of video recordings until ALL countries into which I fly will offer REAL protections against the improper use of both current and future technology/information. If the AAIB and other countries' analogs REALLY believe voice and video recordings are useful for mishap investigation, then is is a VERY simple matter for each one of those countries to absolutely restrict their use to AAIB proceedings ONLY.