PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAIB recommend flight deck image recording - the future?
Old 16th Feb 2008, 10:04
rubik101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This subject came up for discussion around 20 years ago and died a death after prolonged campaigning by pilots. I suspect that, if pilots are to be prosecuted after accidents, that this idea will be objected to most strongly. The admissibility of video evidence would give pilots no place to hide, not that I am advocating they should be allowed to.
I am all for the idea.
I foresee that captains will be seen wearing their Breitlings on their right wrist, paid to advertise on the in-cabin screen, baseball caps worn backwards showing the logo, conversation laced with references to cars, bars and restaurants.
It's called 'alternative revenue streaming' and we should all embrace it immediately. It is similar to fuel surcharges in a way! It could even be fed to the Internet, live, for all to see the inevitable impacts with mountains, undershoots and trees.
It's probably a safer way of ensuring your pension stays healthy than leaving it in the hands of Darling Brown (Robbers Inc)
A bit of drift on there, sorry.