PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - $48 million allocated to terrorism prevention – worthwhile?
Old 15th Feb 2008, 21:26
Flying Binghi

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
over the superdome and release a nail bomb or some other such nasty piece of kit
I think it was Clint Eastwood who inspected the baddies ASIC's and found them counterfit, needless to say said baddies then 'made his day'
Havnt seen all of eastwoods movies so Ill take your word on it Flying blind

If osamas mates mindset was only aviation centred, and only committed their acts via aviation, then I guess they would be easy to catch. Unforetunatly as the footy bombers have shown, they are not aviation centred, and do not need aircraft to get their message accross.
(and the bus bombers, and the train bombers, and the subway gas attackers, and the anthrax mailers...)

My guess is a large 4by4 driven at speed thru a shoping mall would probably get the same death rate as a nail bomb.

One thing that concerns me about ASICs, is it makes the family of the ASIC holder targets (ASIC and security fenceing are part and parcel)
If the family of the ASIC wearing airport refueler were held hostage by some knife wielding thugs - what would the refueler be willing to do?

Last edited by Flying Binghi; 16th Feb 2008 at 03:06.