PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates housing
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2008, 20:11
mensaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You DO NOT repay the furniture allowance, unless you leave before 5 years (I think its 5), then you pay back the pro-rated difference. IE. if they allocate 30,000 DHS, then leave EK after 2.5 years ........... you owe them 15,000DHS. (Of course you could sell your stuff but you would only get about 1500DHS for it)

DO NOT take the company provided furniture and appliances. Just my opinion, but you can do much better than the 'solid', yet hideous stuff you get from the company. Put up with some grief for the first month or so while you shop, but over the next few years you will be much happier. I don't know how much they give now for furniture allowance but I think its about 30,000DHS or so.

A word of warning though. Accomodation department is seriously struggling with finding places for new hires. Many, many pilots are sitting FOREVER in temporary accomodations. In addition to that, if you have some problem with your allocated place......... forget about getting something different. This is in spite of the fact that we have less pilots than we need. Excellent planning !!!