PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates housing
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2008, 19:26
Greensky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Pimp...I think you can expect to have approx 25000 Dhs in hand on an average month all in which includes a little from the Exchange rate Protection scheme. This is with no overtime. So yeah, i would say just over 4600 Euros.

Accelerated program is still going strong. Only thing is there are more than enough 3 year guys in the system now on the 777 and Bus (plus lots and lots of accel guys) who would be ahead of you on the seniority list. I honestly don't see it likely that you will get your Command in 1 1/2 years. Expect 3 years or more.

To give you an idea, the company is presently upgarding people with a seniority number of appox 1000 on the 777. I'm not too sure how many pilots we have right now but i would think its approx 2000. If you get the job and report for duty, its probablyn gonna be closer to 2100. Now just looking at the 777 fleet, I believe at most 12 pilots get their upgrade on the Boeing in a month. Lets take 140 a year as some months it will probably be only 8 upgrades a month. Over 3 years thats 420 upgrades on the Boeing. Assume from seniority number 1000(today) to 2100(where you might fit in), half are Airbus and half are Boeing guys. That still means 550 pilots ahead of you for upgrade regardless of which fleet you get put on. So if its 550/140 a year...you 're looking at closer to 4 years for an upgrade if you join today...regardless if you have the command time or not cause everytime there is a course, there will be a 3 year FO with his name on it. That also kinda roughly fits in with the 777 fleet expansion over the next 3 years..if its 1 aircraft per month for next 3 years...36 planes...say 10 Captains per aircraft..360 Captains in 3 years.
Off course i have not taken into account resignations and Cadet Pilots. Both of them are still in small numbers so for the bigger picture, these figures should gel.

Not trying to discourage you in anyway. Just want to give you some idea of your Command prospects before you give up your present job flying aircrafts above "the magical 55t".

Green..out.