PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CRJ crash in Yerevan
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2008, 11:28
international hog driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There was a thread about this a while back, but it appears that there are some serious issues with “loss of corporate knowledge” that is being compounded by mismanagement by middle management.

Back in my FO days I flew with guys who had been around the block and one thing we learn was that in these type on conditions, with runway available, use an improved climb / V2+ / Overspeed technique.

Sure go the usual V1/VR… blah blah but brief the crew that you will leave it on the ground longer for more acceleration, hell if the tyres can take a heavy weight, no flap Vref +40 or more ….. STAY ON THE GROUND.

Once you are beyond V1, you are going anyway, but given runway available and inclement weather…… go faster, as SPEED IS LIFE.

Obviously you are not going to de-rate/flex, but how many corporate operators actually do? More relevant, why would you even bother in these conditions.

Far too many times now I see newbies coming in and at VR try and yank it off the ground….. guys its not that hard, pitch up and let it fly off the ground!!