PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar offers baggage-free discount
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2008, 10:12
BurglarsDog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its all about choice versus cost! User pays etc etc.

Jetstar are almost the equivalent of Easyjet in Europe; LCC minimal cost point to point - same aircraft and similar uniforms. Check out the Easy website and see what you can choose from regarding cost choice! There are still further savings to be made:

Dont assign seating - first come first serve - causes tension at gate and stresses many pax. So ,AKA Easyjet, offer Speedy Boarding - extra $10 and you get called on first. Better still, Go the - Thompson Fly - route and allow pre booking of exact seat on line only,for the same amount. Everyone else is allocated a seat at check in. So thats the seating sorted - pay for what you want!

Regarding luggage. Again EasyJet - basic price = no check in, and one carry on 7- 10kgs . Who cares aboiut weight it makes no difference to fuel burn on a short European hop or Oz internal. Its more a case of luggage size and what you can lift above your head!

Or pay eaxtra and check in 1,2 ,3, 10 items. User pays! Easyjet and Thomson fly the same on this one I think. Jetstar allow pre booked excess baggage at a cheaper rate

But, for me, the best Service between Bris / Syd to FNQ, has been Quantas. After 40 hours on the road back from Europe, to be called forward, and thereby catch a flight I thougt Id miss (as per VB) whilst in a long queue at BNE domestic check in, after a bit of late landing on the International leg, and receive smiles from some very pleasant non trolley dolly like mature ladies, and an inclusive simple snack (Would you like an apple with that? " ) was worth almost double the fare of the low costs! The flight deck info regarding routing, level, weather, delays, (for an ATC er) was also first class. That said I would have booked LCC had a connection been available and just put up with the lack of service that I hadnt paid for! Not sure Id fly Int with QFA though as I dont like the negative publicity as per this Forum, and Etihad give me Business lounge access for only 30000 odd airmiles. Should Quantas wake up to this idea, they could have my money tomorrow, - for the next trip at least !
DogGone

Last edited by BurglarsDog; 15th Feb 2008 at 10:17. Reason: spelling