PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Guimbal Cabri G2
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2008, 19:40
DennisK

Location: Kings Caple, Ross-on-Wye.orPiccots End. Hertfordshire
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G2 going on G4 !

Bruno Guimbal's Cabri.

EC are very obliquely involved with Monsieur Guimbal's new machine. Yes it is a smaller ship even than R22, but the cabin size is similar but wider. Conventional cyclic and the only reserve I had was the heavier than expected controls.

Still, as an instructor, I teach off the standard beam with the even heavier Enstrom models.

Royal Air Force teaching. Change .. Check .. Adjust .. Trim.

Once the G2 arrives in the schools, I'd suggest instructors teach leading with trim. (horror of horrors I know!) But they don't fly 74s manually and trim later.

In any case Monsieur Guimbal may be working on lightening up the cyclic.

A 40 Kg Luggage locker is standard and the crew's bum are a sensible distance from the point of impact.

Also a very expensive F1 style rubber fuel tank that doesn't tear when impacted. Lots and lots of safety goodies like that. M/R head and blades subjected to 200,000 events for certification.

I liked the G2, mainly because I feel ... like the R22 did, it will further the ab initio market for everyones benefit.

It is a sharp handler, but I don't think Bruno has any plans to let me display his pet baby.

For those that aren't LOOP readers, the Feb issue has our air test report which will answer most questions above. All can get on the distribution list.

Just log on to: www.loop.aero ... and its free. Currently circulating 25,000 copies to a dedicated audience. Overseas ... they will ask you to pay postage only.

Best wishes all,

dennis Kenyon.