PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC VOLUNTARY OVERTIME BAN: Dublin Flights Delayed 25th January
Old 14th Feb 2008, 17:06
DFC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Approach controllers in Dublin, working Shannon App. have not or will not in the near future be trained into any positions in Dublin
Yet another prime example of IAA under using staff.

--------

Why does the cockpit of an aircraft have two blokes doing the one job the answer DFC is safety
There are thousands of public transport passenger flights in the European IFR system every day operated single pilot. Are they dangerous?

The two crew on larger aircraft have specific roles. Yes each can act as a back-up to the other but they can not complete the flight normally alone. A simple example being the fact that the tiller is on the left of the P1 seat............not reachable from the P2 seat.

I am sure you have heard of the Banderante pilot operating single pilot when the control column snapped off in his hand............no problem.......jumped across into the vacant right seat and on landing was patting himself on the back on saving the day when he found out that there were no brakes on that side!

-------------

In the absence of an answer I am taking it that there is a requirement for 2 ATCO's H24 in Shannon Tower and that when one leaves to have a break (no one to provide the break) they are operating illegally. Which according to an above post happens every day after 7pm.

I must ring the IALPA rep to see what other tit pilots think regarding support to the proposed action.

Regards,

DFC