PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC VOLUNTARY OVERTIME BAN: Dublin Flights Delayed 25th January
Old 14th Feb 2008, 14:14
Yahweh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Ask Bournemouth. They had a lone ATCO break a leg some time ago going down the steps in the tower to make a cuppa. I am talking of lone ATCO in this sense as being the one doing Tower and Approach. In other words no distant approach radar controller to handle the zone traffic, missed approaches etc etc"

And I'm sure you will enlighten us with your vast knowledge in ATC matters as to what happened when the afforemetioned controller broke his leg. Surely the airport did'nt remain open for the aircraft to guide themselves in, god forbid that would ever happen

DFC, unless you have actually worked as a controller for the IAA and have experience in these matters then your opinion which you are perfectly entitled to is inaccurate and based on your little understanding of a complex issue. You must think that you came up with the idea by yourself and your gonna solve this problem for us before you move onto your next challenge.

So let me enlighten you, reducing the staffing in Shannon Tower to one controller would have a negligible impact on our staffing problem. The amount of controllers free for other positions would not even stretch into double figures. The IAA would have done it long ago if it saved them a few bob. Our staffing issues go well beyond this. It also seems they go well beyond your powers of comprehension

My suggestion is that you actually come into a centre and take a look at what's going on before you start posting crap. Typical left seat drivers, I have very little time for them.

So stick to trying to save the whales mate.... or just keep sprouting bull****, it seems to be what your best at

Last edited by Yahweh; 14th Feb 2008 at 14:30.