PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sikorsky S-92: From Design to Operations
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2008, 05:13
HeliComparator

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts
212: I said "I don't think its very good" because that is what I had heard from people that know a lot more about this complicated subject than I do, but I am not in a position to argue with you.

In what way does the S92 support FDM? If it does why is it that no-one is doing FDM except Norsk - who had to carry out hardware modifications in order to do so? I believe that it might support FDM in the future but the aircraft has already been in service for 3 years...

NL's stance has always been that HUMS is no use at predicting failures, and if the (ex) programme manager has an attitude like that, its seems unlikely that much care went into the system design.

vibeguy - I agree. It would be interesting to know how many real problems S92 HUMS has detected. 212 is right that it can't be expected to detect an oilway blocked by debris, however it might have detected the fault that resulted in debris being released into the oil system, though I suppose it could have been debris left over from manufacture.

HC