PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V Australia Info
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2008, 17:47
Wirefly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They are struggling, cant get the manpower cant get the ops staff. Same old story pay peanuts get monkeys.Two ex Saffaa ops yes men , no 777 time no ETOPS exp , not got the goods for writing the manuals. Not putting the money into the infrastructure and training .This outfit wont be a quality one mark my words .Dont mention the pay and contract to start with.
Good Luck to anyone that goes ...
Goathead – Any rational person certainly would question where you obtained all your “information”.
  • You don’t know what VAustralia will be paying their crews – unless you have some inside information which you are jealously guarding.
  • You obviously know absolutely nothing about the people the company has recruited to date. The company has sourced some highly experienced and very competent staff and your reference to “monkeys” is not only insulting but very indicative of how misinformed you actually are.
  • The “Saffas” you so derogatorily refer to are both highly qualified, experienced and extremely competent airline pilots.
They both have considerable airline, training and line experience and have held very senior positions in their previous companies.

They both have extensive ETOPS experience.

True – they have no B777 experience but having flown B737 / B738 / A300 / A340 / B747 and B744, I am sure that they are not going to find the conversion too difficult. How many B787 / A380 qualified pilots are floating around – does this mean that there is no one qualified to fill the management posts in the companies that buy these aircraft??????????????

· “Not got the goods for writing manuals” – that statement is a clear indication of how ignorant you actually are about the people you have chosen to write so derogatorily about. Both of these gentlemen have demonstrated a far better than average ability to research, compile and maintain flight operations manuals. A number of their training and operations documents and manuals have been extensively used by a number of carriers. I suggest you do some research before you decide to make derogatory remarks about people you obviously know nothing about. I challenge you to qualify your statements.

· As for your remark about the quality of the operation – I have no doubt that you are going to be eating your words. I am sure that given the type of operation / the type of aircraft that are going to be flown and the basing, there will be no shortage of well qualified pilots who would be more than willing to work for VAustralia.

I feel certain that they are not going to have to scrape the bottom of the barrel by employing people who sit on the sideline making unfounded, fundamentally flawed statements and who rather than being enthusiastic about the start up of a company which has the potential to offer great prospects to a large number of pilots, would rather embark on a campaign of negativity.

Get down to Lan Kwai Fong / Wan Chai and look around at people enjoying themselves. It might encourage you to see the doughnut rather than the hole.