PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QANTASLINK Crewing Crisis!
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2008, 08:15
Icarus53

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ggrowler

In principle, I agree entirely. What you propose is similar to a suggestion I made in this thread:

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=301019

As I put there though, I can't see how you would go from the current state of affairs to a fully integrated seniority list and pilot group.

Having gone out on that limb, do you also believe that a significant (and I mean significant) payrise for QFlink pilots would also have little effect in attracting and retaining talented and experienced pilots?
A payrise would certainly be nice, but we all know that the type of money required to compete with jet salary is beyond the scope of what any manager would endorse (we're talking about 70% + increase in pay).

I've always felt that while money is an issue, it's not usually the reason people leave an organisation in droves. If management were actually seen to demonstrate leadership amongst the pilot group, and demonstrated some empathy with our situation, you might be surprised. Sadly, managers these days are usually more bound up in KPIs rather than actual leadership. Limited space prohibits my complete rant on this subject, and now it's dinner time.

Icarus