PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QANTASLINK Crewing Crisis!
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2008, 04:10
Hugh Jarse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Grrowler,

A handful of ex-capts allegedly have been contacted (Guys you possibly didn't know). It's unknown what the result was. Regardless, they were (still are) great blokes and well regarded by both their colleagues and management.

Icarus53: While your statement is correct, it is actually more difficult to go across via the MOU. That's because in addition to meeting the external entry criteria:

1. You must provide 2 years of high standard FT-9's (not difficult), and
2. The company has to 'release' you. I have doubts about any Capt's getting a 'release' in the current climate. (Might be the reason why none have gone over from EAA??? Some have applied but missed out. Coincidence, I'm sure ). All recent successful applicants have been FO's, and most of them haven't been with us long enough to go via the MOU.

FP_ACE, I think the instructors will find that they may be involved in the pending traineeship program to some extent. Not a bad idea, actually. It's an effective way to instil and control standards at an early point in an employee's career.

Quite a few blokes I've "spoken with" recently expressed an interest in doing both regional flying and instruction. Good-o I say.

Regardless of what choices you make, you will certainly enjoy the flying and the people you work with while you are here.