PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC VOLUNTARY OVERTIME BAN: Dublin Flights Delayed 25th January
Old 10th Feb 2008, 19:00
norby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Del Prado
Thanks for the post.
Just so you get a rounded view, as a Dublin ATCO I get an annuyal allowance of 33 days Annual Leave to use at my discretion, however, under IAA leave policies any unused leave will be taken back by the company with no compensation offered. (ILLEGAL)
This is well and good if you can apply for and use up all your leave in the given year but when you apply for 80 days leave and get 20 to 25 of those including your guaranteed 12 days for summer hols and 5 days for winter it becomes impossible to accept. I mentioned a figure of 800days OT per year in Dublin, this is only to cover sick leave and project work and admin. Nevr to give a hard working controller a day off.
People here are sick to death of missing Family weddings (or their own) birthdays social occasions and all manner of other "Normal" social interactions because 90% of the time leave is refused.
It is impossible even to get unpaid Parental Leave which is a statutory right.
When one female controller announced her pregnancy to management she was asked if it was reversable!!!!! ( or so I'm Told)
Maybe we should ditch Impact and sue the IAA for breach of contract, after all they are obliged to give us all the leave we aare entitled to in our contracts!