PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC VOLUNTARY OVERTIME BAN: Dublin Flights Delayed 25th January
Old 10th Feb 2008, 18:01
norby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If my memory serves me correctly The IAA have had to be dragged to the labour court to MAKE them pay the last 2 0r 3 National wage agreements because they claimed inability to pay.

It would take a complete fool to compare the IAA and UKNATS
After all They are rated as NO. 10 in the top 100 employers in the UK and the IAA is rated No 248 in Ireland.
Any UK controllers care to join us and tell us if you cant get leave or parental leave or job sharing or carreer breaks.
Still if you work "under" someone whos brother promotes you into a 6figure salary in charge of a semi state under his jurisdiction despite your obvious failures as Commercial director you might feel invincible too.

So the IAA's interpretaetions of short term shortage is an average of 800 call ins per year?
Are we now indentured slaves liable to work 55 hour weeks because of managements interpretations of partnership and short term?

Is anyone surprised that none of the IAA comuniques so far mention the dirty word SAFETY.
When accountants run safety services!!! I think i saw that on SKY 1 it centred on Uberlingen and Linate.
Keep the Standards High and make the accountants accountable