PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC VOLUNTARY OVERTIME BAN: Dublin Flights Delayed 25th January
Old 10th Feb 2008, 16:21
norby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Atc Industrial action

I can confirm that for about 75(ish) live controllers in Dublin there were around 400 call ins for the last 6 months of 2007 and yet the IAA claim that the system is not dependant on overtime. I don't see how an average of 2.5 duties per day covered by overtime can be considered normal!! The 75 controllers man " area radar sectors, approach tower, ground, and clearance. They are also supposed to facilitate an intermediate approach, FIS and departure controller positions.
I don't know exactly how many but on a surprising number of occasions ATCO's worked 2 consecutive rest days meanig they were in work for 12 out of 13 days!!!!! Does IAA mangement not have a duty of care towards the health and safety of their staff( not to mention the public)?

Add in maternity leave and up coming retirements and the 75 shrinks to 65ish before the end of this year.
No replacement staff until 2009 AT THE EARLIEST and thats if they can find anyone to train the recruits.
OH YES thing at Irish ATC are heading only one way.......

Last edited by norby; 10th Feb 2008 at 16:53.