PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2008, 05:14
baob2oba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A380 training

""Will this be a permanent thing? Why can't everyone be trained on EVERY plane? I don't get the motive for this.""

I guess a GCAA-UAE regulation stipulates that a single and non-crossing SEP license has to be issued for that flying whale.
From what I've seen, this aircraft has really new systems for us ( electric door sys, hygrometry control, much better air recycling sys, equipments nearly everywhere ). From what I've heard during galley chats, many crews are waiting for more infos before applying, rumors around once again!

I thought an SFP would be managing 2 PURs and 4 SFS, but they finally prefered a single PUR and 3 SFS config, I just hope everything will be fine..

Also, regarding the flights, it's now obvious that short hauls/turnarounds will be introduced within 2 years with the 2 class config, and i guess many new joiners will be directly trained for the whale, so it shouldn't delay promotions at all.

By the way, who has infos about the relaunching of our good old R.Buster link on the portal ???

Happy flying !