PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC VOLUNTARY OVERTIME BAN: Dublin Flights Delayed 25th January
Old 9th Feb 2008, 14:52
290kts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bring it on

What IAA management and their public relations lackey need to realise is that if this situation gets ugly and it very well may after the downright lies published by that jumped up ex controller collaberator of theirs, they will come out the worse for this dispute becoming more public. I am sure the press and public would be shocked to know the ammount of overtime being worked by a small minority of staff especially in dublin. The toothless safety regulator who is so much in bed with senior management that it is starting to look incestuous, the regulator hiding in his office knows where the rosters are kept but continues to turn a blind eye to the vast abuses of maximum permissable working hours and safe rest periods between duties. Rest assured there will not be a person in the country who will not be aware of these abuses if management continue to think that there are 100 operational staff in dublin (I would love to know where the extra 35 staff were conjured from) among many other IAA mismanagement delusions. As a final point has anyone in management ever asked for a days leave 9 months in advance for a childs birthday and when the roster is finally published to find the leave is not available-no staff shortage me a**e.