PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QANTASLINK Crewing Crisis!
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2008, 12:24
Chris Higgins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am glad to see you are all very happy with your opinions and quality of your training and employ. The reference to my "dump truck" was made with the statement that it was really not at all a challenge to fly in the kind of conditions we encounter here-quite safely without going below the prescribed circling minima, staring at instruments, and outside of both the visibility and obstacle clearance requirements for the approach. Yes, I did correct somebody that it didn't have auto-throttles.

There was a saying in the State Emergency Services in Australia, "Nobody will ever remember us for anything we do right; only for what we do wrong."

Normasars

I have been an observer, but more importantly a consumer of your product. Others have also been both consumers and observers and have shared with me that they weren't happy with the product. Fans have a right to boo at a game when they have paid for a ticket and they aren't enjoying the game. No different here. We have paid a lot of money to fly on you guys in the past and the "game" was off.

You have reason to both be proud and angry when anybody criticizes you and the professionalism of your company. I'm sure it exists, I just haven't seen it!

The three basic rules for the airline industry are;

1. Run on time, and don't cancel. This means standby crews and aircraft.

2. Don't lose bags.

3. Be clean. The aircraft must be clean so that the perception of other extraneous issues such as maintenance appear to have been taken care of from the view of the public.

I would also ask that one other be added; watch your conduct in public as you represent your employer in the way you dress, the language you use and whether or not you do things like sneak somebody on the jumpseat that shouldn't really be there.

All the best guys! Stay safe; and don't make me answer a call to public service by coming back and working for CASA, because then you'll really have something to write about.