PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC VOLUNTARY OVERTIME BAN: Dublin Flights Delayed 25th January
Old 9th Feb 2008, 11:14
ock1f

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DFC-while i respect fully your right to post what you want ,I respectfully say that you really dont have the understanding of the situation. This is possibly down to my inadequate replies.I think you are applying SOPS and staffing arrangements in your neck of the woods to what would apply in shannon. Obviously there are major differences. I genuinely don't have the time to give you the full run down as i'm already late for an appointment-but one small example if i may.

There is no atsa or assistant or any other support H24 in shannon tower .The two contollers effectively do 3 jobs. No-one accepts its ok for one controller to do the 3 jobs. End of story i think.

As regards comparing APP with TWR i think again i wasn't as clear as i could have been. There are always two APP covering the one APP position at any one time obviuosly working in rotation. During a shift i guess that there could be 6 to 8 on.

Got to im really late

Yours as ever
OCK1F