PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Instructors with attitude problems
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2008, 07:12
QSK?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scorpion83:
Has anyone ever had an instructor that would always yell at you, make you feel stupid and basically rubbish everything you did in the cockpit.
Fortunately, no. All my previous instructors were all well mannered and demonstrated a lot of patience and calmness in building up my competency brick by brick.

If anything one of my instructors (IFR instructor) was probably too laid back. For example, here's me flying a practice NDB approach in real winter IMC, up to my eyes in cockpit workload and concentrating (too much) on handling the radio to separate myself from other traffic, when Captain Instructor calmly turns around to me and says "Tell me QSK, do you really enjoy doing steep descending turns in cloud?" Suddenly, I look at the AH. WTF! Immediate corrective action is applied and we're now back level, except my heart is racing so hard that I thought I was going to have a heart attack. Meanwhile Capt Instructor is still sitting back comfortably in his seat looking out the window as if nothing untoward had happened.

Never forgot to keep looking at the AH again.