PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aero-care Australia
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2008, 03:59
Gear Down & Welded

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Worked for them for the best part of 3 years, various operations, left for flying... like so many others I see!

I doubt that they are getting more than Menzies and Skystar... weren't in my time there!

Oh yeah they don't have SQ or UA any more... and PB isn't looking too good either from all reports!

OG3 100% agree... great company, massive potential... stuffed my middle management who care more about bonuses than staff morale or getting the job done right. Several others and myself busted our asses getting things setup in various operations at the port I worked at. Mind you not one word of thanks... no thanks for all the 'fudges' that we did to our blocks times to make our OTP look impressive! No thanks either when I left after all that time, in fact on my last day my port manager just left without a word said. Barely got a thanks and a hand shake when I came back to hand in my uniform!

According to them you can't have any misgivings, otherwise you are not 100% commited to them! You can't question, just do... if you don't then you'll find you have either no shifts or a DCM (if you give them reason to dismiss you, unfair dismissal is something they are scared of!). They don't really care about you, because (in their opinion) there are hundreds behind you who are willing! That theory doesn't change much even with seniority, but they hurt more when the senior guys have had enough and move on.

I've got a student now that has started working there, told him the same as I'll say here... great for the experience, just watch your back and don't put up if you don't think it's right! Most of their staff will end up in better jobs later on... just think of it as a launch-pad to the airline industry!

Swift6 & OG3, blue skies... see you in the crew room!

I in the sky,

I'm not going to say that it is the best place in the world to work, but if you want to get your foot in the door and work at the airport, it's a damn good start.
100% true!

Oh and 1 other thing. 90% of the rumours you hear about Aerocare are just that - Rumours. the rest is bulls**t
Yeah the rumours about the airlines they work for... according to rumour they were getting the NZ contract when I worked there... oh let's not forget MH, CZ, FDM, CA, CE... the list goes on. Let's not forget about the rumour that AC was loosing the UA contract to Menzies and management came out and said it's totally unfounded and crap, then they lost the contract about 4 weeks later . They don't let the truth get in the way of a good story! Unfortunately most of the rumours about staff pay and conditions are true... but as you have in the first quote, great start point in the industry!

Like OG3 (I'm sure, and others) I don't regret working there one bit, great experience which I have now taken into my flying career.

Last edited by Gear Down & Welded; 9th Feb 2008 at 04:14.