PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sikorsky S-92: From Design to Operations
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2008, 01:24
fat&furious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rich?

Yeah in many ways .........

In the east richness comes in many different varieties not just those so highly valued in the western hemisphere.

Never mind!

So if a company was to make an investment in machines and manpower and needed to spend a little under 90 mill USD on 5 helicopters which craft would Albatross and Doc tend the company towards? And for what reasons? Is the type of support that would be required from the manufacturer beyond the usual type courses / ground school and spares packages taken into consideration? There is indeed a difference on what is on offer regarding further training / sim and continued background and front line support between the 3 main manufacturers. Again need to look more carefully to the future for other reasons as not everything can be forecast from the past.

Anyway back to the speculation (which used carefully can decide important issues not least character).

Doc, is this correct? "It is inevitable that one will see many of these cautions during the course of normal flight schedules."

I would not be blessed to have such a helicopter! Is it really normal to have so many of these cautions?

I have read all the pages dealing with the S92, EC225, and AW139 and find so many differences, not least all the technical problems on each type and how the pilots enjoy or not flying each helicopter.

So if you want to take my richness Mr's A & D is there a new problem this time? Or is it one that has occured in the previous pages?

Oh Doc, I find you also very entertaining, but so I shall await further real facts that are so lightly dispersed from the non-entertainers. Maybe I should be waiting on the street?