PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QANTAS/ALAEA EBA
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2008, 23:22
NAS1801

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
or are you one of the bottom dwellers seeing what sort of deal the LAME's get so you can leech of our outcome.
Yeah you got it.

Each EBA, the company approaches the respective unions saying "Let's fight". (They do not come to us saying "here's 3%, just sign here". There is always a fight to remove nasty clauses / maintain conditions")

Qantas approached the ALAEA saying "Come on, let's fight" The ALAEA says "Alright! It's on". The other various unions say "we will support you in the fight". the ALAEA keeps running around beating their chest saying "Were'e gonna fight the company".

Finally, the ALAEA backs down. So much for the chest beating and talk of taking on the company!

Cougar, Tell me which unions in Qantas have the power to bring the company to it's knees?

You won't find many. One however stands out. I'll leave it up to you to work it out.

I can tell you now, from my discussions with friends working in other parts of the airline, their respective unions were more than willing to back up the ALAEA in the fight. Maybe you should take a read back and find some posts by cabin crew and pilots.