PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QANTASLINK Crewing Crisis!
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2008, 19:42
Chris Higgins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wizofoz(?)

Well..Mr Wizard; nothing self deprecating or presumptuous in such a pseudonym.

And with 1,500 posts of nothing but spectacular contributions yourself, you are obviously in a position to make such statements? Wow man, that's a lot of hyphens! Where did you get your high school diploma? Enjoy Europe, oh that's right, Europe is part of Australia now, isn't it? No? Well if it's not in dastardly America, it must be alright then! Have you got any more pathetic left wing commie crap you want to spout off with?

Without sounding too much like some critic off a reality tv show, I'm bored.

Grrowler

America, has come full circle to requiring bachelor's degrees, criminal background checks, random drug and alcohol testing, linking the national driving records to the FAA offices and requiring independent accounting and safety audits to be compliant with new laws that are all aimed at improving safety and accountability.

This all came after two tragic decades of almost non-stop monthly crashes of both scheduled and unscheduled service. USAir, the Pittsburgh airline had five fatal hull losses in five years alone. The litigation is ongoing from 1994. This is a painful past that must be learned from, if it is not to be repeated in other places.

At our beloved Qantas we now have aircraft being maintained abroad with arguably some of the poorest oversight of any industrialized nation's authority, people paying for employment or signing contracts of indentured servitude with no scope protection and a regional affiliate that can't even provide scheduled service to a seaside resort that enjoys more sunshine than anywhere except Townsville.

I don't know how you feel about, it but whether it's Dick Smith, your Prime Minister, your shareholders or the public marching with their feet to the competition, something has to change because it is not nearly good enough.

Yeah, I had some bad experiences on that carrier. My wife can be pretty demanding and it took half way to International before I could calm her down from what we had seen. You guys have to understand that your actions are constantly on display and your display is being viewed by a public that is not nearly as dumb as you all think they are.

Your management must realize that with a well developed highway system on the East Coast, an array of other travel options from Sydney or Brisbane, it wouldn't take much to kill the golden goose altogether. The last thing you need is for a new-hire or cadet with historically low experience being involved anywhere near bent metal. You certainly don't need them tooling around at 300' and below protected circling minima staring at the panel either!

If you want to PM me with a telephone number, or have me give me yours, we can talk about it, but I don't think she'll ever fly on them again.