PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ARIK AIR...Need I say more......
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2008, 19:00
nuclear weapon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seac

I will like to add my own opinion and will advice you to go to aero or virgin Nigeria. I am a Nigerian that trained abroad as well and I am yet to come across a company that prefers to keep more aircraft on the groung than they have flying. It will be very naive of us to pretend as if this is not an abdnormal thing and everytime I pass by and see thier crjs on the ground (at any time you see at least four parked).

Most airlines I have come across recruit and train pilots prior to getting the aircrafts or schedule the crew raining in such a way that the aircrafts spend as little time on the ground as possible. My guess is its not thier money and thier backers have no aviation experience this has been confirmed by some of thier pilots that I know. However we live in a country whereby to understand some things you have suspend the part of your brain that deals with logical reasoning.

Imagine British airways having half of thier 238 aircraft or ryanair having 64 aircraft on the ground on a near permanent basis. This aircraft will have to go for checks and thier annual insurances will have to be paid. Wherever they are getting thier money from good luck to them but I am sure its not going to last forever.