PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Pay
Thread: Qantas Pay
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2008, 13:05
grrowler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
machrider and cpt wally,

I'm sorry, I don't follow how that because I thought the original question was worded in an arrogant way, I am therefore malicious, self righteous and arrogant.
Perhaps it's a way of feeling good about yourself - everyone that says something you don't like to hear is a bad, nasty person.

In the English language most things come down to interpretation.

So if I asked you the old "Have you slept with your mother?" question, and you thought I meant something sexual, does that make you a sicko. Not necessarily, because my question was worded in such a way that it was easily going to be misinterpreted. If I had wanted a meaningful answer, I should have asked something more like, "At any time in your life, have you slept in the same bed as your parents?".

Now I'm sure Surditas didn't intent it, but his original question did sound arrogant to most people, judging by the reactions on here. No big deal, don't try to defend a stuff-up, just re-explain yourself more clearly.

And Cpt Wally, getting a job really has little to do with chance. Sure there is a certain bit of "right place, right time" but if anything, you would have more like a 90/10 "chance" of getting a job if they offer you an interview. Until you open your mouth at least. Then it comes down to how the interviewers interpret your answers, so you want to make damn sure you're clear.