PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The R22 corner: Owning, flying & training questions
Old 8th Feb 2008, 08:58
Ding Dong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Q's

I have all my TT on the 300. ... I recently had a chat with an R44 pilot and a walk around the R44 at a well established school as I am looking at getting a type rating. This was the first time I have stood up close and looked over an R44. .. The two types (R44 v 300) are chalk and cheese I know ...

I walked away not to keen, but not totally off the idea of getting the rating ... IMHO there are obvious short comings with the Rob family, if there was not then we would not be posting about it here.

I have a couple of Questions of a Rob pilot: Can you check the plates and Teeter hinge, Pitch rods etc physically yourself in preflight (is it required in the preflight check) .. Why are the checks for the electric bus in the engine bay??, you have to look back into the cockpit from outside to check your bulbs, this seems a tad cheap and weird ?? ... I have never looked at the manual, whats the AUW ??

I was impressed by the size of Tail Rotor, and the main blade aspect, not as large as the 206 but still bigger that expected .. Is the tail rotor authority good ??