PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Pay
Thread: Qantas Pay
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2008, 02:47
Surditas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goodness me.

International trader says: "A right arrogant prat you are!

Why don't you work on getting the job ( and then keeping it)first.
With 18 mths to qualify to APPLY for a job as a human radio operator/ map folder/auto pilot/ ego massager, do you think you will have any other better ( read "other") options ?

What happened to the young lads who just wanted to fly and dreamed of that day when they opened at letter that offered something else other than " thank you for your update or we wish you well in your carreer"?
Money was second, no, I didn't even consider how much I would be paid.

Think you better go into IT. Fantastic pay and they fly your first class......if your good enough!
Love to be a fly on the wall during your interview!"

First, you assume that right now I don't even have a student licence. As it happens, I am employed as a pilot with another operator and I do have the qualifiactions for Qantas SO. I am unable to seperate from my current employer for eighteen months. After that, I would like to work for Qantas. In answer to your question, I HAVE done the work to apply for the job.

Second, what is wrong with learning about general pay and conditions of any potential job? I do not have to leave my current employer and if it was such that QANTAS was going to pay me significantly less than what I earn now I might just stay where I am. IT, by the way, doesn't interest me.

Thanks for the aggro, mate.

Hawkert20 said: "I agree with International trader.

In response to the intial thread, maybe you should include a few words like 'lucky enough' or 'previlaged'. while there is a pilot shortage at the moment, don't go getting to big for your boots mate. There WILL ALWAYS be someone else to fill'em for you.

May I suggest your outlook change to one like:

"If I work hard and long enough then I hope to....."

That is the problem with the current ankle bitters these days... everything now, bugger tomorrow
"

Let's see, I started in GA back in about 1986, I finally managed to get a job in aviation in 1998. It's now 2008. Is that enough work for you? Am I patient enough?