PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice Required
Thread: Advice Required
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2008, 15:55
aScottishBloke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the comments so far, I agree with the earlier comment that the action by the female passenger may not have intended to be the malicious sort. However the end result was 10 persons ejected from the flight.

She was denied boarding by ground staff, only an appeal to the captain for clearance enabled her to join the flight. How I wish he had put 2 + 2 together when the complaint was repeated to cabin staff. I would dread the thought that he had already made judgment prior to boarding that we were to be ejected.

I'm aware of the supreme rights of the captain, but with authority comes responsibility, and I believe he erred when discharging this duty.

A contract which is very biased in favour of one side, and with no right of appeal to the other, would hopefully be declared as unfair.

I have tried to get in touch with Flying Lawyer for any thoughts that he/she can provide, so I'll refrain from taking further action until I hear otherwise.

To Toplslide6, I can offer no reason why the Captain carried out his actions, but I do intend to get to the bottom of this. Some had a drink, but this is not a forbidden act. No criminal offence had taken place, nor based on past experiences would one have been committed, nor was a threat to carry out such actions. It was all too heavy handed I'm afraid. I'm happy to answer to anything, however all I can do is repeat my statement of events. There would be no point in me making this complaint if we even contributed a minor action towards justifcation.

I am not here to name and shame the airline, merely seeking advice. I'm not going to waste my time by taking on worthless causes, especially if I thought I was a contributory factor, however I do feel an injustice was served.

We have already booked up for the next round in approx 4 weeks, having already chosen another airline with a higher fare than the previous company. A small loss to the airline, but a principle has to be applied.