PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QANTASLINK Crewing Crisis!
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2008, 14:10
Chris Higgins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The aircraft I fly now goes as high as FL510 and has a maximum Mach number of 0.92. The wing is swept at 40 degrees and we have no auto throttles either and we do circling approaches at night and in mountainous terrain from non-precision approaches all of the time. It's part of the job, it's not heroic, it's procedurally flown and trained to a standard. Telluride, Aspen, Montrose, Rifle and Grand Junction are all part of a normal weekly routine during the ski season.

The little Jetstram 41 at JFK didn't have anything special on it either and I'm sure it was no less or more challenging to fly than your beloved Bombardier.

I talked to a group of Sunstate guys at baggage claim in Seattle not long ago and I'm sure that they were striving for the highest possible standards as they went to training on the Q-400. I have no doubt that they are capable and well prepared professionals.

Normasars, with a rather poorly researched and xenophobic response like your own, I doubt the standards have improved much at Eastern.

If you are such a mighty and powerful check-airman I would like to take you up on a challenge that you so seem to hold the ability to stage.

I'll fly your profile and in your simulator and in the manner in which you have described with absolutely no problems at all. It shouldn't be much of a challenge for any of your employees either and if it is, then again, that's a reflection of poor training standards.

If your training standards are poor and you are sourcing your new applicant talent from a lower experience pool, you have to either increase the standards of your training or pay more to your new hires to attract higher experience. Otherwise safety is being compromised.

The Emperor has no clothes....