PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Instructors with attitude problems
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2008, 11:57
mostlytossas

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have long held the view the way we employ/ train instructors in Australia needs a total re vamp. The problem is instructing is seen as a way to get hours fast so a budding commercial pilot can move up the ladder to regionals etc, then to airlines. This ofcourse means we end up with the least experianced teaching the non experianced. I cannot think of any other industry that does that. Certainly not surface transport driving instructors let alone trades and proffessions. Imagine a newly trained tradesman or train driver training an apprentice how to do something he/she is only just coming to terms with. It is simply not allowed unless you first have suffiecent on the job experiance.
I believe it is long overdue the system allowed experianced private pilots to instruct certainly Ab initio in a club inviroment just like the Gliding fraternity do without the onerous cost of first getting a CPL just so they can volunteer their services on weekends etc. And yes they would need some training in the art of instructing so all are on the same page as do the gliding clubs. This would also keep costs down and provide a far better instructor as he /she would be doing it for the love of flying and with the benifit of years of experiance unlike the present system with snotty nosed kids main aim of looking to move up the aviation ladder
The following users liked this post: