PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Instructors with attitude problems
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2008, 02:39
ABX
AustralianMade

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to agree with the majority of posts here. I don't mind being told I am wrong, or even foolish if that is true, I don't mind the instructor raising his voice slightly to make his point and, if safety is at risk he can shout and take over the aircraft. However he will not get away with insulting me, putting me down, shouting simply because he can't be reasonable or control his temper and, it would not be smart of him to hit me.

If I was sufficiently annoyed by any of his behaviour or I thought that for any reason our relationship was causing my training to suffer, I would be in the CFI's office requesting a new instructor, or down the road at the next school. I'm paying a minimum of $200 bucks an hour for flight training, not for abuse, I can get that free from anywhere.

I do agree with the greybearded one, more mature and experienced instructors are fantastic, if you can get them, and you usually need to book ahead. My current guy is pretty good, although young enough to be my son! He's got a good attitude though and works hard, besides, we get along well.

Scorpion, ditch your instructor and/or your school, and remember this, at some stage during your personal and flying development you'll need to learn to take command of your situation and not let your situation take command of you, certainly your flying career depends on that.

Best of luck with everything mate.

ABX