PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More on UK Pilot Imports
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2001, 21:07
Slick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, I will try this again because it matters, at Excel we are taking US pilots from Miami Air by the truckload (relatively speaking). We have one of their A/C this summer and they will have at least two of ours to cover their winter. Fine, that makes sense for everyone in the company, and other UK charter companys in the SHORT term, providing previous issues raised on this thread are resolved.

However, we were told earlier this year that we would be allowed to go to the US this winter. Things have gone awfully quiet since then, and I get the feeling that this promise (I use the term loosely) will not materialise. Various rumors are circulating about possible problems like immigration and training costs.

Why is it that a US pilot (and guys I have absolutely nothing against you) are issued a validation to fly in the UK, and yet this is not the case in the US for a Brit. I was told the other day that in order to fly for Miami Air this winter we would have to undergo a full B37 course, and the cost could be too high to justify sending pilots out to the US.

I have been told that immigration will not be a problem as the routes are international. However, the training costs are still a mystery to me. Can anyone enlighten me as to why a full course is required by the FAA ?.

Best rgds