PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 5
Thread: MANCHESTER - 5
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2008, 22:49
Adola69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
T1 Redevelopment.

You forgot step 0 which is to acquire a very large sack of money to allow this to be done.

Point taken. However during the past four years, T1 has had shed-loads of money thrown at it to accomplish
1) Two re-vamps of retail development Landside.
2) Two re-vamps of retail development Airside.
3) A new security area being completed as we speak.
4) The removal and re usage of the bus terminus outside T1 arrivals.
5) The re-vamp of the international arrivals area, to include a Tax Free shopping outlet, right in the way of folk struggling with trolleys laden with suitcases to try and reach the arrivals meeting area!! (An outlet that I have yet to see used by any travellers!??)
6) Multi-storey car park completey re-furbished surface area.
7) A complete re-roofing of ALL roof areas ( Which doesn't appear to have worked too well looking at the number of "ACME" Buckets there are when it rains)!

Money that could have gone very nicely towards the construction of a new "Sponsored" facility, that wouldn't have needed touching for quite a few years, unless those chaps at the ever helpfull Ministry for "Lets make Air Travel a Pain in the Arse" place anymore requirements on airports to make sure everyone is shrouded in cotton wool.

Still I'm sure the accountants have their sums right and I'm talking a bag of S*** e - as usual!!!???