PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar EBA 4 results. merged.
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2008, 22:20
pondoklabu

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello all, very interesting post, but could someone explain to me why management would except these so called yes votes going to their own AWA.
I ask this because if you are on your own AWA you cant vote in the next upcoming EBA so instead of 54% voting no if the same guys voted no again (say if they were being shafted by the greedy minority) then the next no vote would be somewhere in the 90% region.
If protected industrial action would then take place, it really doesn’t matter if its 54% of the work force or 90%, the results as long as legal will be the same. Of coarse 90% of the work force doing the same thing is always better but unfortunately we seem to live in a working environment designed to reward the greedy and manipulative amongst us more than the logical and moral.
As a side note I don’t believe any AWA's will be offered it opens Pandora’s box of the unknown in many ways but that wont stop some managers help drive derision by implying they will be offered if a token number do come forward.