PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QANTAS/ALAEA EBA
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2008, 19:11
numbskull

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd also like someone to answer Domo's question.

Where can I find the QF announcement that says they are keeping all the the A380 Engineering and Maintenance inhouse?

I smell a big red rat here.

Maybe QF are waiting for you guys to sign off on your EBA before they clarify their position that All Engineeering will be done in house but the Maintenance will be outsourced.

Maybe I'm just too cynical but I don't believe they'd pay for JHAS B1 and B2 training for nothing!

PS your pay increase may JUST keep the majority of currently employed LAMES JUST happy enough to accept it but it will not address the parity of pay for LAMES V Other Trades with a base pay increase of only 3 %. It does not stop the decline of pay and conditions for LAMES or AMES or will it attract the best to the industry. On the contrary it will ensure that only the foolish or the bottom of the barrell candidates will wish to take up an aviation apprenticeship with Qantas.

This is because the base rate is low to any one entering (or lames re-entering) the industry. They won't have the benefit of those years of service points which they have consistently used over the last 10 years to give acceptable pay increases to currently employed staff while keeping the base rate low for any new starters.

You have the opportunity to remedy all this and get a larger base rate pay increase (all of QF will support you). QF are running scared and know exactly how much power the ALAEA wields.

Why accept a base rate increase of 3% for 4 years when inflation is already 3.6% and forecast to go higher along with higher interest rates. If you LAMES accept this then you are seriously selling yourselves short.