PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another nail in the MACC morale coffin.
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2008, 15:08
Vampy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it all depends on how paranoid and sensitive you are as to any anti-English feeling you may perceive to have against you, in general.

If you come to Scotland expecting to be abused for being English or whatever, then you will take every single comment seriously and to heart and you won't enjoy it. I moved to Scotland a couple of years ago from England. Both me and my wife have English accents. If anything, I prefer it up here because we've found the people to be friendlier than 'down south', not to mention the cheaper standard of life.

The only 'anti-English abuse' I've experienced has been in jest, whilst England were being humbled by someone at football. In much the same way as you might be called a 'southern Softie' in Manchester or a 'Northern Monkey' at Swanwick. It's not serious, it's a bit of banter and that's it.

Yes, there might be isolated incidents of kids being bullied at school. But kids get bullied at school up and down Britain every single day for any number of reasons.