PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar EBA 4 results. merged.
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2008, 02:41
CabAltHi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What was the point of having an EBA vote in the first place??
The deal I thought was adequate in some areas but needed some changes to get through and the other 56% of Jetstar pilots thought the same. It is the first time that we have voted an EBA down. I was stunned to learn that 75 of my colleagues have already expressed an interest in going onto an AWA on the conditions that were voted down!. It seems if there is 100, the company will do it and why wouldn't they. Some of these people were most likely the same individuals who expressed outrage when AJ announced he would place all new hires on AWA's last year. Short memories for some.
The majority voted against, why not wait, let the dust settle and see if the company comes back to the table?? Isn't that how enterprise Bargaining is supposed to play out?! For methodical, systematic and calculating individuals there has been some real snap decisions.

So what if the company doesn't come back for months! If they had not of opened negotiation earlier this thread would not even exist. Our EBA didn't expire to September. Yep there would be more AWA's, (This seems to be the reason why negotiation was commenced earlier in the first place, though there was never any mention in the document about getting everyone back to the EBA), and the EBA would of been negotiated in the usual way.
Instead those who were dissatisfied with the result have now set a precedent which will mean any chance of us becoming a strong unified group disappear.

Once again it shows that we as pilots really are clueless and selfish when it comes to putting ourselves in a position of bargaining power. The management team who may have been disappointed with the voting must now be laughing their tits off.