PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar EBA 4 results. merged.
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2008, 23:46
Chimbu chuckles

Grandpa Aerotart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GC yes the economy has been and is currently booming..as I posted in another thread I think there is a better than even chance it won't be in 12 months time and if that is the case an opportunity will have been missed.

I think it is quite possibly true that the company initiated negotiations 12 mths ago because of pilot shortage worries...Not an unreasonable action on their part. In the last 12 mths though things have become clearer and it is clear to me, at least, that the company does not need to rush back to the table given current realities and future probabilities.

The current reality is virtually no one is leaving J* (I can think of 2-one was a mate who didn't like the AN check and fail mentality) and they have plenty of applications...I know a handful of very experienced applicants and a mate at Pac Blue says he is one of 20 just from there. I have chatted via skype to an airbus experienced pilot in South Africa who is just busting to get his acceptance email. Highly experienced A320 captains in Asia are ringing up their old AN mates in J* and asking for jobs.

I think you're all worth more...but the reality is I think EBA 4 was as good as you were going to get.

Maybe I am wrong...I actually hope so...but given what I know is going on in the background I don't think so.

Good luck all of you....I will not contribute on this topic again.