PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 5
Thread: MANCHESTER - 5
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2008, 20:35
FlyZB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Things are still very up in the air regarding T3 and several ideas are on the table at the minute. This is the reason why I haven't really gone into any detail regarding T3 as yet. What I can tell you, is once the T1 & T2 security and retail developments have been fully completed by Spring next year, the focus will shift completely onto T3. Mickyman, that particular plan you mention is definately one option although they are favouring building a pier now in a cul-de-sac style design. It will indeed mean that the road and car parks will be constructed upon and under that particular plan, a new checkin hall will be built over the approach road and connect onto the current short stay car park. There are several other ideas being tossed around though, so once I have more detail and providing its not top secret, I shall let you all know. T3 is definately where the 'exciting' development will occur from 2010 onwards. Expect to see huge changes and major expansion of this terminal to cater purely for LCC's and nothing else. You will see minor changes in T3 this Summer. International outbound control is moving to the Mezz, where the new domestic outbound is currently located, to create one big area. The current OBC will be closed and converted into an airside seating area.