PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 5
Thread: MANCHESTER - 5
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2008, 18:55
FlyZB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Busz...

I work at MAN and was invited to a planning meeting a few weeks back. Included were details of a 10 year plan for the airport. Much of what was said is still in the planning stages and therefore I wasn't going to post anything specific until a time when more detail is available. But I can tell you that included in this 10 year develoment plan was the demolition of 'B Pier', which would be reconstructed as a double decker pier with the departures level currently at the same level as it is now and an arrivals level on top. All 'B Pier' gates will have airbridges and stand 12 will have a dedicated A380 lounge. 'C Pier' is also to be redeveloped with the construction of an upper arrivals level in order to open up the gate areas on the current departures level and remove the need to go down and back up again to reach gates 22, 24 & 26. A T1 - T2 airside link has also been proposed which will allow transfer pax to be able to connect between the terminals more easily and will also allow T1 airlines to use T2 gates during the demolition and reconstruction of the T1 piers.