PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V Australia-Tell me it aint true! (Merged Thread)
Old 4th Feb 2008, 14:17
ShockWave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is another thread which has been started by Lawrie Cox AFAP which details an excellent way that things could proceed and possibly succeed. I hope for everyones sake that progress can be made in this regard.

It is so frustrating to sit overseas and watch you guys fight against one another as to how much less you can work for. I can only guess at how it must feel to be a part of a self perpetuating decline in professional terms and conditions.
Then when you reach the limit of what you are prepared to swallow your companies turn around and say we can't get enough crew, lets import them from overseas! So you lose again!
I don't think it is just a matter of education, we are all well aware of where we are and how we got here. Our motivation, goals and egos will always be prey to exploitation from our employers, and we generally accept it because there always seems to be another carrot dangled just in sight.

We have to become less self absorbed, competitive, and fearful.
Which of course are all the things we have depended upon our whole careers to succeed and stay alive!

The industry needs to change in order for it's members to change.
The industry can only change if it's members want it to change.
The industry needs to have workers who feel that they are members of the same industry.

If you strap on an aircraft for a living you are part of the same industry, no matter the size!

Work together and work it out guys. Good luck