PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QANTAS/ALAEA EBA
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2008, 10:01
Konehead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thosecotos, please bear in mind that not all LAME's get 100k+ for signing one type, most QF LAME's sign 2 or more types for 75k including a fist full of O/T
HEAR HEAR! I've been a 'loyal' and proud QF employee for 16 years. But the last two years of management incompetence have done a hatchet job on my natural optimism and left me demoralised and disillusioned.

I have two licences. Only a few months ago, I was worse off than my VB colleagues with a single licence. I looked on with envy as they received Embraer and EASA training while my own management fiddled as Rome burned... I wanted to leave QF but I wouldnt go without a redundancy. It just didnt make financial sense... and I had that remnant of optimism whisper from adark corner, "Things will get better!"

After years of service points accrual and a level increase, I'm finally roughly on parity with my VB colleagues. While I've had my share of disappointments, I consider myself lucky having received even limited QF paid training, compared to many other LAMEs, especially some of my Black-hander brothers, who've had to pay for their single licence. This was reinforced when at the feedback meeting the ALAEA Prez compared the pay grades of JQ, VB, QF and JHAS LAMEs with a single licence.

Now the only thing that keeps me employed at QF is the desire to outlast MH, DC and GD and HOPEFULLY see a turnaround in a once-proud icon. Oh, and that little remnant of optimism.

Any LAME on less than Level 8 should welcome the success of JHAS etc. They all pay their single licence LAMEs very well, they are training and they are employing. If this company doesn't turn around, my bet is quite a few LAMEs, myself included will say, "You know what? FK the redundancy - I can't continue to mortgage my soul, job satisfaction and happiness in the hope of a lump sum that may or may not be on offer in the future. I'm off to JHAS/VB/V Aus/JQ/Tiger. I've had enough!"

And while you're at it, have your shift penalties included into your base so your super (and overtime rate) goes up. We do and so do JQ...both largely non unionised workforces, forgotten by the Q.L.A.E.A
Ouch that hurt. The truth I mean. Perhaps we can write that down for our NEXT log of claims?

HOWEVER, we DO get paid overtime if we stay back at the end of a shift, from the minute it starts, not 2 hours later... only a small recompense in comparison. And I hear on the grapevine that VB LAMEs are not entirely happy with their management. Not point scoring - just scoping the ground in case the "I've had enough!" moment comes sooner than I expected.

As for the EBA. All will be revealed tomorrow! If the members of the executive are looking and sounding like the cat that got the cream, then it can't be too bad eh?