PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ABERDEEN
Thread: ABERDEEN
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2008, 09:03
JobsaGoodun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wellington,

In a way yes they did do the same on LBAABZ however I feel that that situation was different. This time they are physically going to base an aircraft in NCL.

When the LBAABZ was operational there was no aircraft commited to LBA and none to ABZ making any increase over a daily rotation difficult to schedule however this is really what the route required. Flybe couldn't do this so decided to operate a direct EXT-ABZ-INV for the Summer 2008 season.

Flybe's Commerical guy has already indicated building up to 3 maybe 4 aircraft in NCL so you can bet that they'll be looking at routes that can sustain business flights in the morning/evening, it'd be hard to imagine that ABZ would not be one of those.

Likewise with Flybe commiting to an E195 in ABZ from the summer, then it is likely that they'll plan some Q400's in their too. When they do, then I would expect the ABZLBA to return on a double daily business schedule. No Flybe base has just one aircraft at present except INV, however that base is also being expanded with another aircraft and additional flights to EXT/BHX/SOU and MAN. Based on what Flybe have said I think it reasonable to anticipate the same for ABZ in time.