PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - mytravel pilot loses appeal
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2008, 08:54
rog747

Received 41 Likes on 21 Posts
worlds gone mad

the good old days of flying are long gone...as crew and as a pax.

(looks longingly at my my BOAC junior jet club log book sigh.......
and my caledonian airways boeing 707 boarding pass to palma signed by the captain as it was my jet flight and i sat in the seat behind for landing!)

thats what got me in the industry!

this poor chap capt pablo was on a private charter and lets in one of the players for a look see ... so what!

i hate the environment we are now in and i have sadly but thankfully left the aviation business after 35 years as i did not join it to be a ruddy SECURITY GUARD!!

having no wish to show a diservice to security guards but i am sorry after my love of aircraft, the crews, (and yes some of the passengers too are nice) after reading the posts here about this incident it only confirms to me why i have had to leave the business...
it sucks now due to the ghastly rules and hostile attitudes we now have to deal with on a daily basis iso of an enjoyable career which as many of you have said ALL STARTED WITH A FLIGHT DECK VISIT
lets put it in perspective here!

i was so mad at reading this and espesh at some of the posters here gloating away, sorry to be harsh but i cannot bear to see 2 faced commentaries.

the uk flightcrew industry has always been made of fantastic pilots and to assasinate this guy pubicly here as 'maverick' and a bad boy is appalling,

why dont you all now use your energy and promote and lobby the CAA to relax cockpit visits and lets start to recapture the best days of the industry if thats ever possible but unless we do its a lost cause isnt it and you will be dictated to for ever.
its now in free fall to the lowest depths ever imho

how many of you would be comfortable with offering flight deck visits to kids etc?
i wish we could poll this