PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - emirates......
Thread: emirates......
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2008, 04:00
bobsback

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Dubai & the wife & kids

Coming from the UK it's a lifestyle change & not just for the money. Commands pretty quick. Between 3 & 4 years at the moment but may lengthen soon.

As for the wife & kids...depends on their personal makeup. Mine loves it here. So too the kids. However my missus is a go and do it type of bird not a stay at home & mope one. We have a maid...she is wonderful but is primarily here to keep the house sorted so that we can spend real quality time with our children.

The job is great at times however the roster build/bidding is a complete hit and miss affair. I have been here over 5 years and the view from the L seat is infinately better from the other one. However I flew with 90% decent guys when I was in the diplomats seat.

There are lots of people unhappy here but mostly of their own doing and no doubt having to drive on the SZR with the huge amount of utterly reckless drivers with little or no common sense (from countries that have had cars for only a short while).

My 5p: It suits me...I have time off...get paid each month...don't expect the company to go bust anytime this millenium.

Bloody hot in the summer though!